Monday 28 October 2013

I Need God

If I didn't have God, I don't know where I would be. God has guided me through this life, this life that has had so many ups and downs. He holds my hand and walks along side me, never leaving my side.

I was reading a devotional today and this verse really spoke to me:
The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Do not be like a senseless horse or mule that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control." Many sorrows come to the wicked, but unfailing love surrounds those who trust the Lord. Psalm 32: 8-10
It lead me to dig a little deeper into the Bible and here are some more verses that I am drawn to at this time in my life:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. Isaiah 58:11
Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5
"Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of the old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:18-19
Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalm 27:14
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16 
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:7
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. Psalm 119:105

 
 
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Yes Amen!!! So glad you linked up!!! These are great verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome verses about hope and staying in faith despite our surroundings and current situations. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete