Thursday 17 October 2013

7 Days Post Transfer

Today is 7 days post transfer...can time pass any slower? It seems to pass a lot more slowly at work. When I'm at home I have things to keep me busy...my son keeps me on the go. We have a nice routine when I get home...have dinner, play in the bath, and then playtime downstairs for about an hour before it's time for him to go to bed.

Last night I was really anxious. I would look at the pregnancy tests and wonder. Finally, I broke down and took a test. I couldn't wait...normally they say to take it in the morning but really, I was desperate by this point. I told myself before taking the test that if I get a negative, it may be too early, plus it's the evening, my hCG concentration wouldn't be as high.

My heart sank when I looked at the test...I saw only one pink line...mind you, this was only after 20 seconds, but still. I was filled with an overwhelming feeling of disappointment. I quickly turned to God and said I'm not giving up...I will always have faith. I looked down at the pregnancy test again and I didn't know whether my eyes were playing tricks on me. I saw a very faint second pink line. I was shocked!! I didn't believe my eyes. I grabbed my phone and turned on the flashlight app so I could see it better and sure enough, it was there!!! After all of the negative tests I have taken over the years, I finally saw a second pink line.

My hubby is a night shift worker so he was taking a nap before work but I couldn't wait...I ran into our room, turned on the light, jumped onto the bed and started screeching...I don't think I was making much sense at all. I definitely startled him awake...he thought something was wrong.

I couldn't stop jumping up and down and looking at the little test. I called my best friend next and had to anxiously patiently wait 30 seconds for her to call me back while she got out of the shower (she should have timed that one better in my opinion, hehehe). She was just as excited as me. And she screeched along with me.

I took another pregnancy test this morning and got another faint second pink line. Even though I see two pink lines and am SUPER excited, I'm also extremely scared. We have waited so long for this and what if something happens? We are keeping our faith in God and praying this is God's perfect timing for us. Only He knows our plan and knows this baby's plan. I pray for sustained life for this little blessing. This blessing is already our baby and I'm already in love. I pray God takes care of all of us. God is SO amazing!!

I know the lines are hard to see in the picture but they are there!

Here's the breakdown of what our blastocyst (baby) is hopefully doing:

- 1dpt:   Blastocyst hatches out of shell
- 2dpt:   Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
- 3dpt:   Implantation begins as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
- 4dpt:   Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
- 5dpt:   Implantation is complete, cells that will become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop
- 6dpt:   hCG starts to enter the bloodstream 
- 7dpt:   Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
- 8dpt:   Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted
- 9dpt:   hCG levels are high enough to detect a pregnancy

No comments:

Post a Comment