Wednesday 4 December 2013

Anxiety

Anxious is how I'm feeling right now. When I was a patient at the fertility clinic, any time I had bleeding I could call up my nurse, she would talk to a doctor, and they would ask me to come in for an ultrasound. Well, now that I've graduated from the fertility clinic, I'm only seeing my family doctor. My family doctor is great, but he is not an OB. He doesn't have an ultrasound machine, he doesn't have a fetal Doppler, so how is he supposed to know if anything is wrong? Where I'm from, you don't see an OB until you are 35 weeks (and that's not a typo).

So I'm supposed to go from seeing my baby at 9 weeks 5 days until 20 weeks when I will have an ultrasound and then not see the baby again until 35 weeks? How is my family doctor supposed to know if anything goes wrong if he isn't able to listen to the baby's heartbeat?

Also, with my past medical history and all the bleeding I've had this pregnancy, I think I should be seeing an OB.

So today, I started to bleed again. It came out in a gush and has seemed to slow down. It appeared to be brown blood so I'm praying it is just old blood from the blood pocket that still showed on my last ultrasound. But I'm freaking out a bit because I have no idea. I could go to emerge and they would give me an ultrasound there, but that would be even more stressful because I would be waiting at least 8 hours because the wait times are ridiculous.

I've called my family doctor and spoke with the receptionist. She is going to talk to him and get back to me. So now I have to sit and wait...once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment