Monday, 28 April 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Days 63 & 62

Yesterday was a beautiful day so I took advantage of it and cleaned out the inside of my van, which was a mess! I had gas receipts stored up in the center console, a hose, a brown compost bag, antlers and bunny ears for the holidays, a gym bag, random garbage, and LOTS of sand over my back seats (which were folded down) from the stroller (the sand is from the sidewalks from all of the snow we had). Now my van is nice and clean and I don't feel like a hoarder. I took the hose from my parents house because they got a fancy dancy new one and ours just sucks so we needed a new one, so their old one is new to us...gotta save anywhere you can! And the compost bag is for all of the leaves hubby raked and put in one of our recycle bins until I had time to pick up a compost bag...we need to have more on hand, but my dad got a bunch from work, so I just grabbed one from my parents...again, saving anywhere we can.

By the end of the day yesterday, I was exhausted. I decided to put J to bed a half hour early because I was exhausted and I could tell he was too because nothing was quite right for him. After his story, he fell asleep right away.

Today I had an OB appointment. I waited two and a half hours to be seen by the OB for two and a half minutes, but I guess that's a good thing because it means everything is going well. She is really happy with how everything is going and said she couldn't believe I was already 31 weeks. I talked to her about being induced on my due date since my hubby has the following two weeks off and my mom has the following week off after the due date so I would have lots of help and she said she doesn't see that being a problem. So I'm sure closer to the due date she will schedule a day. I may end up changing my mind because it would be nice to go into labour on my own, but I know all of the extra help would be really good as well. So who knows what I will decide.

I also saw a resident today who came in before the OB to take my fungal measurement (which I measured 31 cm, so right on target) and she felt to see where he was sitting and asked if he was head down last time and when I told her he was breach, she said let's just take a quick peak and she went and grabbed a portable ultrasound machine. That ultrasound made my wait worth it. He flipped again and is head down (which explains all of the pressure I have while I pee) and she pointed out everything to me. And then she said he has a hand up by his face and normally when they do that they are sucking on their thumb, and sure enough, he had his thumb in his mouth. It was amazing to see and made things a little more real. It was definitely a bonding moment for me. I can't wait to meet this little guy!!

No comments:

Post a comment