Thursday 3 April 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Day 87

I'm finding that as my belly grows bigger and bigger each week, my ileostomy becomes more obvious. It's something I'm not used too because beforehand, it wasn't obvious I had one. Now my ostomy is pretty obvious and it makes me feel a little self conscious, especially when people put their hands on my belly. I really want a shirt that says 'if you didn't put it here than don't touch it.'  Normally I'm not self conscious about it. I have no problem wearing a bikini at the beach (a girl needs a tan), so I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with my hormones and the fact that I have to use a different appliance than what I normally wear (since what I normally wear was only lasting 2 days and it isn't fun or cheap having to change an ostomy that often).

I know this feeling will be short lived and I still plan on taking photos of my bare belly because even with an ileostomy, it's a cute baby bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment