Tuesday 15 April 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Day 75

Wow, I can't believe 25 days have already passed since I started the 100 Days of Pregnancy posts. I'm glad I'm going these posts because it will be a sweet little reminder of all of the things we did leading up to baby's arrival.

At the OB's office yesterday, she wanted me to have my blood drawn to check my hemoglobin and iron levels. I've always had a low hemoglobin (it's a protein in the red blood cells that carries oxygen) because I have Thalassemia (which also means I have a low red blood cell count). My OB called me this morning to tell me that my iron levels tested fine and that my hemoglobin was still low, but above my average. Normally, hemoglobin should be above 120 in women. Mine normally sits at the high 80s, low 90s. But since I've started taking a prenatal vitamin, it's been sitting steady at 104 since January, which is awesome for me, especially during pregnancy when it tends to drop for women. So for now, I'm just to keep taking my prenatal vitamin.

How far along? 29 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain? 25.6lbs...I haven't gained anything since my last OB visit 3 weeks ago (I have the beautiful weather to thank for that...I love being able to go outside with J)

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? Not yet...

Sleep: The past two nights I have been waking up every 2-3 hours to pee. As soon as I roll onto my left side the urge is SO bad. 

Best moments this week: Watching this little guy on the ultrasound wiggling his toes! 

Miss anything? I miss being able to wear whatever I want...I wear the same things all the time. 

Food cravings/aversions: Still craving oranges and just fruit in general

Showing? Yes

Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!

Labour signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn seems to be my only symptom that wants to stick around

Belly button in or out? In but it seems to be stretching a bit

Wedding ring on or off? Off

Happy or moody most of the time? Happy

Looking forward to: The Easter long weekend. I have the Friday off and hubby has the Friday and Monday off (lucky him!)...hopefully the weather is nice so we can do lots of fun things with J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment