Wednesday 18 October 2017

Stimming

Stimming sounds so much cooler than it actually is. Yesterday was Day 5 of stims and also blood work and ultrasound day.

The results are as follows:

Right ovary: 1 follicle measuring between 1.0 and 1.2 (I don't remember the exact measurements but the ones they could measure were all between this measurement). 7 follicles that were too small to measure.

Left ovary: 4 follicles measuring between 1.0 and 1.2. 10 follicles that were too small to measure.

After my ultrasound, there was talk about increasing my puregon dosage and I was told to make sure I had enough at home in case that happened. I was also told to have orgalutran on hand, but that I probably wouldn't be starting it yesterday.

But there is a reason why they wait until your blood work comes in. My blood work was great and after reviewing it with the ultrasound, the doctor decided to keep my dosage the same for both menopur and puregon and to also start orgalutran.

So that's what I did last night. I've been injecting the medication into the left side of my abdomen and my left thigh. I can't use the right side of my abdomen because my ileostomy is located on that side. So as I was pondering where to inject the orgalutran, I had an "aha!" moment. For some reason I was thinking I couldn't use my right side at all, not the case. So last night, my right thigh got a little bit of loving too.

Tonight I continue with the 3 injections. My next appointment for ultrasound and blood work is Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment