Tuesday 18 February 2014

Pregnancy Update

Week 20 seemed to mark the week that I really began to feel this little guy kick and move around. And I love every time I get to feel it. I was lying in bed on Sunday night and felt him moving around and so I put my hands on my lower abdomen in hopes of feeling him from the outside and I felt a pretty big kick! I love that my husband has been able to feel him move. All of the moving is a reminder of the miracle that is growing!

Last week I also experienced a lot of pain in my right side where my stoma from my ileostomy is. I've been feeling it on and off but last week was horrible. The pain gets so bad at times that I can't do anything. It's an extremely sharp pain. I was able to see my surgeon on Wednesday and she said the pain could get worse as the baby gets bigger, especially if my intestine gets trapped between the uterus and the abdominal wall. But to be honest, I can deal with pain a lot better than I can deal with being sick or feeling nauseous. 

Now here's my 21 week update:

How far along? 21 weeks, 2 days

Total weight gain? 15-20 lbs? Not sure...I have my next OB appointment on Monday

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? Not that I'm aware of

Sleep: The past two nights I have had great sleeps. I only have to get up once!

Best moments this week: Feeling this little guy move more and more and being able to feel his kicks on the outside!

Miss anythings? I miss being able to bend down and lift up a leg to hop over something without it being a huge effort...I'm guessing soon I won't be able to do either

Food cravings/aversions: Sandwiches sound great at the moment...and Jolly Rancher hard candies!

Showing? Yes

Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!

Labour signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn, a growing belly and chest, nasal congestion

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding ring on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? I seem to be pretty happy

Looking forward to: My ultrasound and appointment on Monday!



2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having to deal with the pain but it sounds like the baby is strong and growing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pain is a small price to pay...as long as he is healthy, I'm happy :)

      Delete