Friday 14 February 2014

Jesus Calling Excerpt

I purchased a devotional book called Jesus Calling - Enjoying Peace in His Presence by Sarah Young after a few women on the blogs I read mentioned it. I've only been reading it for 3 days now and I love it. I really liked today's devotional about fear. Fear is something I tend to walk around with quite a bit. I have to admit that I won't watch any scary movies or Dateline type shows before bed because they will keep my mind racing with fear throughout the night. I'm also TERRIFIED of the dark. I fall asleep with the TV on just so it isn't dark. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I turn on the light on my nightstand so it's not dark.

I've also been carrying around fear with this pregnancy. In the beginning, every time I saw blood, fear rushed through me and consumed me. I still have fear now from the blood that is still in the uterus. But I've been learning to give my fear to God. As humans, we aren't strong enough to handle everything and God wants us to ask for His help...it gives Him pleasure when we seek him.

"Give yourself fully to the adventure of today. Walk boldly along the path of Life, relying on your ever-present Companion. You have every reason to be confident because My Presence accompanies you all the days of your life - and onward into eternity.
 Do not give in to fear or worry, those robbers of abundant living. ..." - Jesus Calling
I never thought of fear and worry in the sense of robbers, but it is very true. Worry and fear are the devils way of taking away our joy, the joy that God wants us to experience on a daily basis.

Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, do not fear, I will help you

No comments:

Post a Comment