Monday 24 February 2014

Appointment and Pregnancy Update

This morning I had a growth ultrasound and an appointment with my OB. The baby is still a boy and weighs 1 lb 5 oz and he's still growing well. I love watching him wiggle around on the screen, that's always my favourite part of the ultrasounds. He's lying transverse right now, so sideways. His head is on my left side and his feet are on my right side.

On a good note, the placenta has moved up, which is great. There's still the dark spot on the placenta and the OB thinks it's what they call a placental lake. She's not worried about it because I haven't been having any bleeding or contractions and because baby is doing well. My OB wants me to wear a heart monitor for 24 hours because I've been having heart palpitations every day. I can be lying on the couch watching TV and my heart just begins to race. She wants to make sure it's just the pregnancy hormones causing the palpitations and not an underlying condition that's just appearing now. I go back in 4 weeks for another growth ultrasound and appointment.

And now, my pregnancy update :)

How far along? 22 weeks, 1 day

Total weight gain? 19 lbs

Maternity clothes? Yes

Stretch marks? Not that I'm aware of

Sleep: I would say great! Hopefully I don't jinx it.

Best moments this week: Being able to video this little guys kicks and punches from the outside...he's getting pretty strong

Miss anything? Being able to sit comfortably in a chair. I figit a lot now because I can't get comfy. I need a couch in my office at work.

Movement: Yes...this little guy is busy in the late evenings but I feel him throughout the day as well, which is a nice reminder that I'm never alone :)

Food cravings/aversions: Still wanting sandwiches :) I'm going to make subs tonight for dinner to help with this craving!

Showing? Yes

Gender: It's a BOY!!!!!

Labour signs: No

Symptoms: Heartburn, a growing belly and chest, nasal congestion

Belly button in or out? In

Wedding ring on or off? On

Happy or moody most of the time? I seem to be pretty happy

Looking forward to: my growing baby bump...I still can't wait for it to get huge! 

1 comment:

  1. Hoping everything continues be ok with you and the baby :)

    ReplyDelete