Tuesday 28 January 2014

18 Weeks Pregnant

Yesterday we had our anatomy ultrasound and I was so nervous for it! The ultrasound tech soon eased my mind. She was so friendly and talked with me the entire time. And she was even getting excited when the baby was co-operating and moving around for the perfect shots she needed. At the end of the ultrasound when she pulled the roll of pictures she printed for me she said that she got a little crazy. She had printed 6 photos, which I was so happy about.

Afterwards, I had an appointment with my OB. There was still blood noted on the ultrasound, but this time there didn't seem to be any blood behind the placenta, just in front. The placenta is also sitting low. She said that it could still move and it's not a big concern because right now it is not blocking the cervix. If it stays low and does block the cervix, it would mean a c-section for sure. About the blood, she didn't seem too worried. She said they were keeping a close eye on me so I shouldn't worry.

And here's the 18 week update...

How far along? 18 weeks (18 weeks, 2 days)
Total weight gain? 12.5 lbs (I was weighed yesterday at my appointment. My OB noted my weight gain was not to little and not too much)
Maternity clothes? Yuppers
Stretch marks? None yet...but I need to start applying my lotion more regularly, especially over my abdominal scar!
Sleep: In the past week, I've been finding it harder to fall asleep. Normally, I would be asleep by 10 but now, as soon as I go to bed, I'm not tired.
Best moment this week: Seeing our baby in the ultrasound yesterday and finally hearing the heartbeat...it was music to my ears!
Miss anything? Hot baths
Food cravings: Sandwiches with sliced cheese, mayo, mustard, and ranch dressing heated on my sandwich maker...I want one now!
Showing? Yes...I love the middle of the night once the bloat has disappeared and I wake up. I lie on my back and you can completely see the uterus popping out...it's so cute and I love to rub my belly when it's like this :)
Gender: It's a BOY!!!!! I am so excited!!!!! I can't wait to go through our son's old clothes and have all of those memories of when he was so tiny come back.
 Labour signs: No
Symptoms: Heartburn...I caved and ended up buying Tums to have on standby just in case. Tums make me gag at the best of times so I bought these mint ones...double duty, fresh breath and heartburn relieve. I've also learned that chewing gum helps as well so I do that first.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? I seem to be pretty happy
Looking forward to: Feeling the first kicks and punches from this little guy...he was moving around a lot during the ultrasound so hopefully I start to feel those kicks soon :)

1 comment: