Wednesday 22 January 2014

17 Weeks Pregnant

I still cannot believe that I am now 17 weeks pregnant. I still remember being six, seven, eight weeks pregnant and praying fervently for a healthy pregnancy and to reach the milestone of the second trimester. Now each day that I don't have any bleeding is a huge milestone for me. At my last ultrasound on December 24th they noted a blood pocket and I had bleeding that day. Since then, I haven't had any bleeding and I'm so grateful for that. I'm praying that it's God's plan for me to just enjoy my pregnancy now without constant worry. It's always in the back of my mind but the thought that God is blessing us with this miracle has moved to the front. 

We have our anatomy ultrasound on January 27th and I'm very excited. We'll be able to find out the gender but that's not what excites me the most. I'm most excited to see this baby moving and wiggling around. To see how big he or she is and to know they are healthy, safe, and well protected. I still get nervous before every ultrasound, especially since they do the entire ultrasound without you being able to see the screen so you have no idea what is going on with baby. You have to wait until the tech is done taking measurements and pictures for the doctor before they let you enjoy watching your baby. At my last ultrasound I must have looked panicked because about 5 minutes into it the tech said the baby has a nice strong heat beat and that's the only thing she said the entire 30 minutes!! 


Now for the fun part...I'm going to start tracking my pregnancy each week. It's something I thought I would never have the opportunity to do and I don't want to take any little thing for granted.



How far along? 17 weeks (17 weeks, 3 days today...I'm a little late on this)
Total weight gain? 10 lbs 
Maternity clothes? Pants are a must! And I have to say they are the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. I'm hoping to buy a few maternity tops soon. 
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Every time I need to change sides I wake up but luckily, I've been able to fall back asleep right away. There's been a few nights where I've been wide awake.
Best moment this week: Realizing that when I'm lying down my lower abdomen is hard
Miss anything? I miss not being paranoid all the time. I worry about EVERY LITTLE thing at the moment and when my son is not with me, I feel such a heaviness in my heart...it makes for a long work day. 
Movement: Not too sure. Sometimes I feel like I have restless leg syndrome in my belly...that's the only way I can describe that feeling.
Food cravings: My mother-in-law's Mexican beans and rice, Enchiladas, DQ's oreo brownie earthquake blizzard
Anything making you feel queasy or sick: Raw ground meat and sometimes food in general
Showing? Yes :) Some of it is still bloat I think though.
Gender: We find out in 5 more sleeps. I think boy, hubby thinks girl, and little mister thinks alien
Labor signs: No and I hope not until this baby is fully cooked
Symptoms: My breasts are huge! I just bought new bras and I think I'm going to need more. My belly is getting bigger each week. Heartburn. 
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time: I can be pretty moody, especially when I'm tired or my body is exhausted but I am overall over the moon happy to be pregnant.
Looking forward to: Our ultrasound on January 27th

No comments:

Post a Comment