Friday 6 May 2016

Patience

Today is Day 1 of my menstrual cycle and I have to say that each month, it is getting a little easier to accept that Aunt Flow will continue to visit every month. I haven't been experiencing the crushing pain of knowing my body just can't get pregnant on it's own. It's taken quite a while to get to this point and a lot of praying, but God has worked on my heart and is continuing to work on my heart and I am beginning to trust in God's plan more and more. 

With that being said, Chris and I came to the decision to wait to do IVF until after the wedding. Chris made a really big point when he said our boys are getting a bit older now and we have a bit more freedom to do things. We can enjoy each other now and have so much fun with the boys. If we tried to expand our family now, we wouldn't be able to do as much. So after some prayer, I heard God's answer and that was to wait. To wait and be at peace with waiting. To trust in God's plan. So that's what I am doing and to my surprise, I am at peace with this decision. 

And here's the icing on the cake. Shortly after Chris and I came to the decision to wait to expand our family and to enjoy each other, Chris was offered a new job (please pray for him and our family during this transition as change can be a scary thing!). We currently have no coverage for infertility which means we would be paying for medication out of pocket or both the treatment and medication out of pocket if government funding was not available. I am a strong believer that God hears all of our prayers. I was so worried about finances and how we would pay for IVF after our wedding and that was my biggest concern with waiting. Shortly after I put my trust in God's plan to wait, God gave me an answer to a prayer. Chris' new benefit package covers infertility, almost enough for us to do two rounds of IVF with only having to pay a percentage out of our pocket. I am so so so very thankful! 


1 comment:

  1. God's plan is always better then our own right? Even though we may not see it in the moment :) This is wonderful news! Prayers during the transition.

    ReplyDelete