Tuesday 3 November 2015

J's Mommy

I am J’s mommy and I am very proud of it. J is adopted but that does not define who he is. He is a happy little boy who fills my heart with so much love. He is my son. He is a gift from God, a gift God trusted me with. God had a special plan for both J and I and out of everyone in this world, God chose me to be J’s mommy. How special is that? I was handpicked to be J’s mommy and God had an intricate plan to make that happen.

I know a lot of families who struggle with infertility look into adoption and then run the other way because of how expensive it can be. But public adoptions do not cost anything.

I know a lot of families who struggle with infertility look into adoption and run the other way because they know it won’t fill the void of carrying a child and experiencing a pregnancy. I will admit this is true. As a woman, I had a strong need to carry a child and experiencing a pregnancy.

I know a lot of families who struggle with infertility look into adoption and run the other way because they want a biological child. This I cannot understand. J is just as much my son as G is. It doesn’t matter that J is adopted and G is not. They are both my sons and my heart is filled with love for both of them. When I look at J, I see only my son, my red haired, blue eyed darling little boy who is mine.

What I am trying to say is it doesn’t matter how a child comes into your life whether it be through a pregnancy, adoption, or they showed up in a basket with a note, that child will complete you in ways you never knew existed. They are your precious gift from God to love and adore.

I am honoured to be J’s mommy and so proud! It is because of my two little boys that I am a mommy and they are my entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment