Sunday 11 May 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Days 50 and 49

Why so weekends have to go by so quickly? It seems like it was just Friday and I was just at work.

This weekend has been a busy one. On Saturday, my mom and I walked in the Walk for Memoroes walk which is a fundraiser for Alzheimer's disease. My Grandpa died a few years ago of this disease. It's hard to watch someone you love suffer with this disease but I have so many find memories of my Grandpa. He was always so happy to have company, even if he didn't recognize us, and he had quite the sweet tooth so I would often bake him some special treats.

And today is Mother's Day. Its a day that used to be bittersweet for me. Bitter because I never knew if I would be a mom but sweet because I was able to celebrate my wonderful mom. This year is my second Mother's Day as J's mama and I am the luckiest mama in the world. He is such a blessing and I can't wait to celebrate many more with him. I love our little family and I can't wait until the new addition arrives in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment