Monday 5 May 2014

100 Days of Pregnancy: Day 55

Last night was another long night. My ear ache was really bad and the pain woke me up. In the morning, I noticed that my right ear was completely plugged and everything in it was echoing (which it still is). I went to the walk in clinic and the doctor took a look but couldn't see my ear drum because there was so much fluid in my ear. He prescribed me Amoxicillin anyway and told me I could start taking it now or come back in 2-3 days and he'll try and flush my ear and take a better look. I decided to start the meds because of everything else going on (like the bright yellow snot). Once I got to work, the pressure just got worse and I could feel my sinuses on the right side of my face (I went home shortly after I got to work). It's the evening now and my right side is full of pressure that even my upper teeth hurt. So I'm hoping the meds will start to take effect. They say it normally takes 24-48 hours to start feing better once antibiotics are started.

I really hope I can stop posting about being sick sometime soon!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, if you're still having trouble with your cold tomorrow try a cup of warm water with apple cider vinegar and honey in it. It will help all that sinus stuff and mucous. Just put as much apple cider vinegar in the cup of warm water as you can handle. The honey will help make it taste better since the taste is so strong. Do that a couple times a day. And make sure the honey is pasteurized or else it's not sage for pregnancy.

    -Adri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of the apple cider vinegar for sinuses, but I'll definitely try it out. I have both ACV and honey at home

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Yeah it's a natural remedy and helped me out a lot 2 winters ago when I had horrible mucous build up and sinus issues! I hope it helps you. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete