Wednesday 13 November 2013

Being Sick and Pregnant

It seems the cold bug is popping up everywhere. At home, at work...I knew I was bound to catch it. My hubby has been fighting a cold for the past week, my son has pink eye and an infection under his eye (he seems much better today after only 1 dose of medication...no more cuddles for this mama, he just wants to play now), and for the past few days, I could feel something sneaking up on me. Last night I woke up a few times with a sore throat. This morning I woke up with my head completely congested and a sore throat (I can feel the drip from my nose to my throat and it's such an annoying feeling).

Normally, I would run straight for the medicine box and grab some Tylenol Cold & Sinus and take it every 4 hours. Now that I'm pregnant, I don't want to take any chances. I was thinking of making a hot lemon with honey drink but then I read about honey. They say honey is safe to have during pregnancy because your digestive system will absorb the spores that would be harmful to the baby. BUT, in my case, I don't know if my digestive system would do the trick considering I'm missing my colon.

So my only option is to suffer through it. All I can think about it curling up in bed and sleeping. I picture myself with a night cap on and a onesie pajama sleeping peacefully like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment