Thursday 17 May 2018

100 Days of Pregnancy: Days 74-62

This morning I had another OB appointment and it went well. Baby's heartbeat was good and my uterus is measuring on track. My OB is happy with how I am doing and if things stay the way they are, c-section can be done at 38 weeks instead of 37. I have one more ultrasound in 2 weeks to do a growth scan and check on the placenta. If the placenta has moved a bit, I will have one more to see if it moves enough to have a vaginal delivery. If the placenta hasn't moved than it will be a c-section for sure. I'm still not supposed to get my hopes up based on my last ultrasound but miracles do happen!

I have my pre-admit appointment tomorrow and hubby will be tagging along for that one. I plan on asking a few questions about how the process works for a c-section (not the surgery aspect but just afterwards and where baby goes and how long I have to be separated from baby).

Next week I have an appointment with my surgeon who will be in the OR with my OB. I am anxious for this appointment now because when I did my last ostomy bag change, I noticed 3 white spots on my stoma and I am really worried that they are ulcers. I am hoping she can tell me what it is and if something is going on, I am hoping she can refer me to a doctor on the adult side that she trusts and recommends. I have been so worried since that bag change. My mind has just been going crazy with different possibilities of what the white spots could be.

Hubby and I have been keeping busy. The beautiful weather is here so we have been busy outside. The boys love it because they aren't cooped up inside and they have quite a few outdoor doors, including a playground. Chris has been working on my front gardens, making them bigger for me and he has also started building our shed. He takes on so many projects that it stresses me out. I don't know how he does it. The other day when him and co-worker were digging up the spot for the shed and pouring the concrete, I sat back on the patio with my feet up and crocheted. I felt like a real housewife. Doctor's orders, I need to take it easy. This weekend the plan is to buy some veggies for my back garden and plants for my front garden. We were hoping to finish the front garden this weekend but the weather isn't looking so great for Saturday.


How far along? 31 weeks and 2 days

Total weight gain: Around 24 lbs

Maternity clothes: Yes, every day, all day!

Stretch marks: Only around my ostomy and a couple of tiny ones around where my belly button ring is.

Sleep: I really can't complain about sleep. I'm back to feeling tired again by 9pm and am so ready for bed. Sometimes I stay up with Chris while he watches the Stanley Cup (and by stay up I mean fall asleep on the couch).

Miss anything? Having energy like being able to walk without getting winded. Small price to pay though. And I miss having a medium rare steak. Can't wait for summer days when hubby can BBQ me the perfect steak.

Food cravings/aversions: I've been wanting sushi for a while now so today for lunch I am having California rolls. I've never really ventured with sushi and have only ever stuck to fully cooked, even before I was pregnant. I also love mac and cheese, the homemade gooey cheesy kind. I could eat it all the time and anytime we go out for dinner, I search it out on the menu.

Showing: Yes. Everyone keeps telling me I look great which is really nice to hear.

Gender: We are still team green. And now that we are in the final stretch, I cannot wait to find out what baby is.

Labour signs: No, and I hope not for a while!!

Symptoms: Growing bump, large breasts, my ankles are beginning to swell along with my feet a bit, heartburn, leg cramps, pain in my pelvic area.

Belly button in or out? It's half and half right now. Part of it is out and the other part is in. I may have a full outtie this time by the end of the pregnancy.

Wedding ring on or off? On...my rings still swing around so I still have plenty of room for them.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy

Looking forward to: The long weekend. I have the day off tomorrow and then Monday is a holiday, so I have a super long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment